Phone: +46 (0)924-210 07
In the year 1645 Gunnarsbyn consisted of only two farms. One of them was called Gunnars and thus gave the village its name. Nowadays the village consists of about 100 households.
The church is worth seeing, with its vicarage and the congregation house from 1928, designed by the well-known architect Torben Grut.
Ancient remains on the mountainside east of the Råne River show that already 3500 years ago people were living in Gunnarsbyn.
Located appr. 50 km north of Boden. Take road 356 towards Niemisel and turn right at the sign towards Gunnarsbyn.