Tingshuset - The court house

The Court House from 1834 with court room and three rooms for judge, jurors, prosecutors, litigants and witnesses. A summer jail was also built close by the Court House.

Tingshuset (named after an ancient Swedish word for court - ting) was the natural meeting place for the local congregation at that time. The building was being used as a Court House by the assize court of the Överluleå Rural Court up until 1932, when the court was moved to more modern facilities.

 

 

Book events
Accomodation
Activities
Booking terms
Sign in